Shortlisted by the Ad Stars 2016 Australian Advertising Awards through a strict screening process by 215 judges from 70 countries was a unique campaign raising awareness to road safety practices of motorcyclists in Jordan. Despite the well-maintained roads and clear signage, a significant number of local motorcycle drivers see little reason to wear a helmet but do so to avoid being fined by traffic police. However, the same group deliberately leave the buckle unfastened, which presents serious threat in case of a collision. To highlight the importance of safety, the Jordan Insurance Company commissioned this very catchy ad to remind the target audience that a helmet is not an aesthetical device, rather a safety precaution. The ad captures the message beautifully by illustrating that an unbuckled helmet leaves the head of its wearer fully exposed!
Headless GearPosted on June 30, 2016 | By ArabAd staff
Do you still buy print publications?
More from ArabAd
- Dubai-Based Communication Agencies on Facebook: Our Top Picks
- Dubai Crafted to be Multicultural: an Interview with Rodrigo Mavu
- Lebanon Calls Expats in Demco’s TVC
- Green Marketing Pioneer Jacquelyn Ottman Talks to ArabAd
- The Story and Life of Farah, One Tap at a Time
- Lucky To Be Young, a Communication Platform for Youth