Campaigns for premium vodka Absolut, fast-food restaurant KFC, museum Louvre Abu Dhabi, antiperspirant Rexona and feminine care brand Stayfree are among the winners of the Effective Use of Brand Purpose category of this year’s WARC Awards, a global search for next-generation marketing effectiveness.
Thirteen campaigns from around the world – one Grand Prix, four Golds, three Silvers and five Bronzes – have been selected as winners in the category, which rewards marketing initiatives that have successfully embraced a brand purpose and achieved commercial success as well as a benefit for a wider community. Three special awards, recognising specific areas of excellence, have also been given.
The multi-awarded campaign by FP7 McCann Dubai for Babyshop has won the Grand Prix and the Smart Spender Award. In ‘Al Umobuwah – Putting 'Mum' into 'Parenthood', the children’s retailer used a multichannel approach and created a new Arabic word that embraced the concepts of both motherhood and fatherhood (the Arabic word for parenthood translates only to fatherhood) in order to drive brand meaning – and sales – in the Middle East.
Commenting on the Grand Prix winner, judge Nazia du Bois, Founder, Principal Consultant, rice bowl, said: “Inserting a word into what’s essentially a hermetically sealed language is remarkable, especially given the 50k budget.”
Mindshare India won a Gold and the Evaluation Award with a campaign for Lifebuoy, the soap brand owned by Hindustan Unilever. ‘The Adaptive Data Lighthouse’ campaign targeted the people most at risk of infections preventable by good hand hygiene to increase sales in rural India.
‘Add Gaming Experience To Your CV’, by Geelmuyden Kiese Nordic, won a Gold and the Employee Engagement Award for Manpower. The recruitment company improved its market position in Norway by connecting with Gen Zs and millennials to help them transfer valuable skills from gaming to the workplace.
Fernando Machado, Global Chief Marketing Officer of Burger King, chaired a jury of 14 agency- and client-side industry professionals. Together, they selected the following winners:
- Putting 'Mum' into 'Parenthood' · Babyshop · FP7 McCann Dubai · MENA + Smart Spender Award
- The Adaptive Data Lighthouse · Lifebuoy · Hindustan Unilever Limited · Mindshare · India + Evaluation Award
- Project Free Period · Stayfree · Johnson & Johnson Pvt. Ltd. · DDB Mudra Group · India
- Add gaming experience to your CV · Manpower · ManpowerGroup · Geelmuyden Kiese Nordic · Norway + Employee Engagement Award
- True Colors of Slovakia · Absolut Vodka · Pernod Ricard · Triad Advertising · Slovak Republic
- India's Newest Matchmaker · Harpic · Reckitt Benckiser · McCann Worldgroup India · India
- Movement for Movement · Rexona · Unilever · Mindshare Indonesia · Indonesia
- The Brother of Noura · Saudi Telecom Company · J. Walter Thompson · Saudi Arabia
- Pink Power · Inorbit Mall · K. Raheja Corporation · DDB Mudra Group · India
- The Creative City · Badya · Palm Hills Developments · FP7/CAI, Part of McCann Worldgroup, Good People · Egypt
- The Other Sanders · KFC · QSR Stores Sdn Bhd · Reprise · Malaysia
- Why are You, You? · Louvre Abu Dhabi · ADTCA · TBWARAAD · Global
- Making the Invisible Visible · Dettol · Reckitt Benckiser · McCann Worldgroup India · India
The Grand Prix and Special Awards winners across the four categories of the WARC Awards share a $40,000 prize fund.
View here the winning case studies in the Effective Use of Brand Purpose category.