Following an initial investment made in 2015, J. Walter Thompson Company acquires a majority stake in WANDA Digital, a leading independent digital agency in Turkey. Founded in 2006 and employing around 80 people in Istanbul, WANDA's clients include Media Markt, Nestle, Turkcell, Ülker and Unilever. The agency offers a range of services including campaigns, social media, platform development and games and apps. Unaudited revenue for the year ended 31 December 2015 was approximately US$ 2.7 million, with gross assets at the same date of approximately US$ 1.5 million. This deal continues WPP’s strategy of investing in important markets and sectors, and strengthening its capabilities in digital. Turkey has been named one of the Next 11 growth economies where WPP companies (including associates) generate revenues of over US$1.0 billion and employ around 12,000 people.
J. Walter Thompson acquires a majority stake in WANDAPosted on August 04, 2016
Do you still buy print publications?
More from ArabAd
- The Phenomenal Multiverse World of Sami Saab
- Maxime Chaya :"When You Aim for the Summit..."
- Weber Shandwick MENA Named Agency of the Year at the MEPRA Awards 2017
- Daniel Young: Programmatic, a Gateway for Creativity
- Benoit Debbane: At the Heart of Nostalgia
- A Talk with Daniel Danker on Facebook’s Video Offering, the One to Watch