Following an initial investment made in 2015, J. Walter Thompson Company acquires a majority stake in WANDA Digital, a leading independent digital agency in Turkey. Founded in 2006 and employing around 80 people in Istanbul, WANDA's clients include Media Markt, Nestle, Turkcell, Ülker and Unilever. The agency offers a range of services including campaigns, social media, platform development and games and apps. Unaudited revenue for the year ended 31 December 2015 was approximately US$ 2.7 million, with gross assets at the same date of approximately US$ 1.5 million. This deal continues WPP’s strategy of investing in important markets and sectors, and strengthening its capabilities in digital. Turkey has been named one of the Next 11 growth economies where WPP companies (including associates) generate revenues of over US$1.0 billion and employ around 12,000 people.
J. Walter Thompson acquires a majority stake in WANDAPosted on August 04, 2016
Do you still buy print publications?
More from Arab Ad
- Ya Kbirna... Facebook Campaign Denounces the Country’s Leaders
- Time's Up join forces with the advertising industry to combat sexual harassment
- What is left of Advertising?
- Hanadi Dagher: ‘It’s not that hard to keep up with the big agencies and be successful’
- Great Year For Censorship!
- Will Snapchat’s Ambitious Valuation Last Longer than its Posts?