Art & Design
- New edition of Mourad Boutros' authoritative 'Arabic for Designers' publishedWhen it was first published in 2005, Mourad Boutros’s classic work ‘Arabic for Designers’ was the first of its kind-- an authoritative guide for English-speaking designers working with the cultural and design complexities of Arabic. Extensively illustrated, it addressed the rise in global awareness of Arab cultures and provided a framework for understanding and respect.
- Sarah Beydoun: Wearing the PastSarah Beydoun, the creative director and founder of Sarah’s Bag, is one of the first designers in Lebanon to bring Middle Eastern pop culture into the mainstream, reviving and reinventing the region’s rich traditions of craftsmanship, embroidery, crocheting and textile making. Launched in 2001, her line of handmade handbags has become a must-have for every respected fashionista.In a talk with ArabAd, she reflects on the notion of nostalgia inherent in her product design.
- Alfred Tarazi: Disruption and TransmissionDecember 23, 2016
- Benoit Debbane: At the Heart of NostalgiaDecember 22, 2016
- Nathalie Yared: We have a lot to learn from the pastDecember 22, 2016
- Rana Salam and Ashekman: The Past Has Not Defined UsDecember 19, 2016
- Nawal Assaoud: In Celebration of Love and LossDecember 18, 2016
- Capturing Genuine ExpressionsDecember 16, 2016