Art & Design
- Sarah Beydoun: Wearing the PastSarah Beydoun, the creative director and founder of Sarah’s Bag, is one of the first designers in Lebanon to bring Middle Eastern pop culture into the mainstream, reviving and reinventing the region’s rich traditions of craftsmanship, embroidery, crocheting and textile making. Launched in 2001, her line of handmade handbags has become a must-have for every respected fashionista.In a talk with ArabAd, she reflects on the notion of nostalgia inherent in her product design.
- Alfred Tarazi: Disruption and TransmissionThe work of Lebanese artist Alfred Tarazi is informed by nostalgia. He talks to ArabAd about the importance of engaging with the past.
- Benoit Debbane: At the Heart of NostalgiaDecember 22, 2016
- Nathalie Yared: We have a lot to learn from the pastDecember 22, 2016
- Rana Salam and Ashekman: The Past Has Not Defined UsDecember 19, 2016
- Nawal Assaoud: In Celebration of Love and LossDecember 18, 2016
- Capturing Genuine ExpressionsDecember 16, 2016
- Lightning in a Bottle: an Interview with Michel YordanovDecember 27, 2016
Do you still buy print publications?