- Creativity made in Lebanon: a pat on the backHow difficult is it for creatives to praise work done by peers? Well it seems it is for most but not all. ArabAd wanted to learn from advertising creatives what in their opinion are the best campaigns made in Lebanon this year and hear their perspectives. So we asked creative directors to share one campaign they are proud to have worked on this year but also to identify another advertising campaign created by a competitor agency, one that really caught their attention for all the good reasons that make a good advertising campaign good. While few responded to our request with open heart and a great fair play, the lack of enthusiasm in playing the 'pat on the back' game reminded us that it's not so common to congratulate industry peers for a job well done, that the psychology of praise is a complex thing and that creatives' ego is a real thing. But that's another story. Now let's check what was sent across.
- Sami Saab on Phenomena's Ideas for Social GoodBeirut-based Phenomena is an agency that devotes much of its creative energies toward creating cause-related advertising and raising awareness for a plethora of important causes. Sami Saab, Phenomena's Founder and Creative Director, explains why his team is fond of such campaigns and the benefits of working most of the time pro bono to advertise for a cause. Here are his comments and a snapshot of the main social issues Phenomena recently tackled.
- Abaad's #Undress522, the campaign that won big on all fronts
- Its. agency and Dar al Ajaza Al-Islamia remind us that old people were young tooJune 15, 2017
- Blast from the PastDecember 15, 2016
- Flag-bearers on Lebanon's Independence DayNovember 22, 2016
- One Man’s Many FacesNovember 16, 2016
- Comparing Apples to Creative OrangesNovember 09, 2016